Thursday 28 September 2017

Unboxing Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire


Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my last post for this blog, and for that I'd like to apologise. Amongst moving, redecorating, work, and a million other excuses I won't bore you with, I have been away from the hobby I was so excited about beginning. In an effort to pull my finger out, (and to instil some confidence back into the guys), I've decided I'd like to review Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire. I am planning on doing this over a few posts, to show off the models, gameplay, rulebook etc. So with that in mind, lets start with the unboxing!







Firstly, starting with an image of the front and back of the box.

The contents of the box are:

  • 3 Liberator fighters
  • 5 Bloodreaver fighters
  • 8 fighter cards
  • 2 double-sided game boards
  • 96 upgrade, ploy and objective cards
  • 126 tokens
  • 8 Warhammer Underworlds dice
  • 32-page rulebook
  • Quick-start sheet
An image below, showing the 2 double-sided boards in all of their glory. (I love the detail on these!)






All 126 tokens in one single image!




The rulebook and a couple of the images from inside. I intend to have my nose in this for the best part of the coming weekend so that I can master the game and school Kaelo when we take on the game in full (further content to follow). I will be going into more detail on the rulebook in another post over the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled.








Some images of the fighters on their sprues below. These will hopefully be as easy to assemble as they look, so that I don't have to wait too long to get stuck in. I'll keep you updated.

The Liberators:



A close up of part of Brightshield:




And the Bloodreavers:



A close up of part of Garrek:




Onto the cards. One pack of cards for Liberators:



One pack for Bloodreavers:




And one pack of extra cards along with the dice that come in the pack. The extra cards come with strict instructions not to open them until you have played a few games, so naturally, I want to open them. Patience is a virtue though, and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.




It's worth noting that the fighter cards are double-sided. One side for normal stats and one side includes inspired stats.

   


All in all, unboxing Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire has made me look forward to learning and playing the game, and I don't think you can ask for much more than that as a first impression.

I will be taking some time this weekend to learn the game and report back, so make sure you tune in for some more detailed content on Shadespire. 

Stay tuned, and if you'd like to share your initial thoughts on Shadespire or if there is anything you'd like me to cover, please comment below! :)

Danariel x

3 comments:

  1. Very interested to hear more about this. Especially the fluff 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Danariel :). Very clear and easy to follow

    ReplyDelete